Welsh Rarebit with Pancetta and Tomatoes
Comforting and delicious this Welsh Rarebit with pancetta and tomatoes is wonderfully warming.
Ingredients & Info
2 as a snack
- 2 Slices of Warburtons Toastie
- Approx 50g dice pancetta
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbs milk
- 125g Lancashire Cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- Black pepper
- Fry the pancetta in a small non-stick frying pan for a few minutes then add the tomatoes and cook for a minute or so more. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a heavy based saucepan and whisk in the mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Add the milk and heat until almost bubbling then turn down the heat to minimum.
- Add the cheese to the mixture and allow it to melt without turning up the heat, stirring all the time until it becomes a smooth sauce then turn off the heat and allow to cool for a minute or two.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast the bread on both sides under the grill and leave the grill on low.
- Stir the egg yolk into the cheese sauce and then pour over the two slices of toast, spreading it out evenly.
- Carefully place the slices onto the rack and grill for 1 -2 minutes until golden, but watch it carefully as it will brown quickly. Transfer to plates or a board and top with pancetta and tomatoes then season generously with pepper before serving.