Social Media Competition Terms and Conditions
Warburtons Christmas Crumpet Slippers – Summary Terms and Conditions:
UK, 18+ only. 01/12/2020 – 16/12/2020. Entrants must comment with their guess as to which celebrity is wearing the crumpet slippers across one of Warburton’s 19 social media posts across their Facebook and Instagram pages. Correct entries only will be entered into the prize draw. Prizes: 10 winners will each win 1 x pair of one a kind crumpet slippers. Internet access required. Max 1 entry per social media account per week. Winners must respond within 12 hours to claim prize.
Full Terms and Conditions
- This Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
- No purchase necessary; however, internet access and a valid Facebookor Instagram account are required.
- Promotion Period:Enter between 10:00 GMT on the 1st December 2020 and 23.59 GMT on the 16thDecember 2020 inclusive.
- To Enter: There will be a total of 19 social media posts across the Warburtons Facebook and Instagram channels where you can enter by following the instructions below and either:
- Entrants must log onto their Facebook account (or create one for free), then comment underneath one of Warburtons’ (www.facebook.com/Warburtons) Facebook Promotional Posts of crumpet slippers with their guess of which celebrity is wearing the slippers in that post.
- Entrants must log onto their Instagram account (or create one for free), then comment underneath one of Warburtons’ (www.instagram.com/warburtonsuk/) Instagram Promotional Posts of crumpet slippers with their guess of which celebrity is wearing the slippers in that post.
Only those valid entries who correctly guess who the celebrity is in the post they comment on will be entered into the prize draw.
- Entrants on Instagram must keep your profile on a public setting for 4 weeks after the end of the Promotion Period in order to be contacted if they are selected as a winner.
- Maximum of 1 entry is permitted per social media account per week during the Promotion Period. Maximum 1 Prize per person
- The Prizes:10 winners will each win 1 x pair of the one-of-a-kind crumpet slippers.
- Further Prize Details and Conditions:
- There is a limited quantity of each size that is available.
- Warburtons will do their best to provide your chosen size but sizes will be distributed on a first come first serve basis due to a limited number available
- Winner Selection:10 winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries made across all 19 social media posts during the Promotion Period. For your total confidence, the prize draw will be conducted by PromoVeritas, an independent promotional verification service, within 5 working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
- Winner Notification:The winners will be contacted via the social media account used on entry within 5 working days of Winner Selection and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the Prizes, within 12 hours of initial contact. In the event that a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 12 hours, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner. If a winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond.
- Prize Acceptance: Winners will be notified within 28 days of acceptance of the Prize to arrange fulfilment of the Prize. In the unlikely event that a Prize doesn’t arrive within 28 days of Prize Acceptance, the winners will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by messaging on the social media platform in which they entered the promotion. In the event that the winner does not inform the Promoter within this time frame, the Promoter will reserve the right to not reissue the prize or limit its value at their sole discretion.
- Moderation: The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
- are in breach of the Terms and Conditions
- contain any content that is offensive, obscene, sexual, derogatory, defamatory, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, which could reflect negatively upon the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner, or which is otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- contains or refers to any third-party brand or reference any third-party names, logos and/or trademarks;
- promotes any political agenda.
- Provided no objection is received, if you are a winner, your surname and county of residence will be made available by sending a self-addressed envelope to Warburtons PD WL, David Blackett, Engine, 60 Great Portland St, London W1W 7RT one month after the close of the Promotion, for a period of 4 weeks. You can object to your surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced during Winner Notification/Prize Acceptance. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
- The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any element of the Prizes is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute another prize for it, of equal or greater value.
- In the event that the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions and to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to Instagram or Facebook.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram, and that Facebook and Instagram have no liability for any element of this Promotion.
- The Promoter together with any associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the Prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- An entry must be made directly by the individual entering the Promotion. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means together with entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms & Conditions in full will be disqualified and will be not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the rules of the Promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void. Entrants are not permitted to enter using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations or any delay in performing its obligations within these terms and conditions If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs caused by (but not limited to) global or regional health crises, weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, epidemic, pandemic, famine, plague or other natural calamities and acts of God, or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
- The Promoter may refuse to award a Prize in the event of any entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, breach or non-entitlement under these Terms & Conditions or seek recovery of its value if the Prizes have been awarded.
- If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
- By entering this Promotion, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in the Terms & Conditions will prevail.
- These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: Warburtons Hereford House, Hereford Street, Bolton, Bl1 8JB
- Moderation: We can’t accept any entries which we think:
- Contain any content that is likely to be considered offensive by us or could reflect negatively the name, reputation, or goodwill of Warburtons or any brand partner;
- Include trademarks, logos, or copyrighted material not owned by you or used without the right holder’s prior written permission (including famous names, company names, etc.);
- Defames, misrepresents, or insult other people or companies, including, but not limited to Warburtons (including its partners); and
- Promotes any political agenda.
- We’re sorry but you can’t transfer a prize to someone else or exchange it for something else or a cash or other alternative.
- If, for reasons we can’t control, a prize is no longer available, we’ll offer you an alternative prize which we hope you’ll still love but which will definitely be of equal or greater value.
- We believe in fair play. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups, syndicates or third parties will not be accepted and we will not accept cheating in any form including the use of macros or other automated means of entry, masking your identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than your own and any other behaviour that falls outside the spirit of the Promotion. If you’re found to be cheating, you will be excluded.
- Whilst we’re running this Promotion on their platform, this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to Warburtons and not to Facebook.
- Unfortunately, if you suffer any loss or damage that arises out of or in connection with the Promotion or prize itself (whether in contract, tort (including (without limitation) negligence), statutory duty or otherwise) Warburtons won’t be liable for this.
- If this Promotion can’t run properly because of fraud, tampering, technical errors or anything else that is beyond our control which affects the running, administration, security or fairness of this promotion, we reserve the right to disqualify any person involved. We will also have the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion.
- By entering you confirm that you have read and agree to these terms and conditions.
- If someone or something tampers with this Promotion in some way whether by fraud, technical failures, system errors or other issues, including any such failure which is within the control of Warburtons or its agencies, Warburtons and its agencies will not be responsible for the promotion, prize or for the non-inclusion of entries. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
- In the event of any dispute our decision is final.
- The winner will be required to participate in any reasonable publicity arising from the Promotion.
- If you are the winner of the Promotion, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this promotion and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- If you want to know who has won just send a self-addressed envelope to Warburtons PD WL, David Blackett, WCRS, 60 Great Portland St, London W1W 7RT which will be available 1 month after the close of the promotion for 4 weeks.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Promoter: Warburtons Limited Back o’ th’ Bank House, Hereford Street, Bolton, Lancashire, BL1 8HJ 00178711