You will need
2 fillets of skinless, boneless white fish (i.e. Coley, Pollock or Cod)
1 egg, beaten
20g gluten free flour (we used rice flour)
50g gluten free breadcrumbs**
Handful of mixed green leaves
4 slices of Tiger Bloomer
2 dollops of tartare sauce
| Serves 2
- A great way to use up any of your Warburtons Gluten Free bread is by making bread crumbs! Just cut off the crusts, pop a couple of slices in a food processor and voila! You can use fresh or stale slices, dependent how much you have left!
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Cut the fish into strips 2-3cm wide.
- Get yourself three shallow bowls and place the GF flour seasoned with salt & pepper in the first one, the beaten egg in another and breadcrumbs in the third.
- Coat each fish strip lightly in flour, then dunk into the egg (making sure that the piece is covered) and finally coat in breadcrumbs.
- Lay your finished fish fingers on greaseproof paper to make sure they don’t stick and repeat for each piece of fish.
- Cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through until golden brown.
- Cut 4 slices of Tiger Bloomer, butter, add a dollop of tartare sauce and a handful of salad leaves to one piece.
- Top with the crispy fish fingers, another slice of buttered Tiger and tuck in!