You will need
4 slices of Tiger Bloomer
Butter, to serve
1 tbsp. olive oil
3 medium beetroot, peeled
1 large carrot, peeled
2 ribs of celery, diced
1 large red onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1.5 litres of vegetable stock
Salt & pepper
Sour cream and fresh coriander to serve
| Serves 4
- Heat the olive oil in a deep pan over a medium heat and add the onion and garlic. Sweat for 5-10 minutes until the onion is softened.
- Add the celery, ground coriander and cumin and cook for a further five minutes.
- Grate the beetroot and carrot and add to the pan. Stir everything together and add a splash of stock to stop the mixture sticking.
- After 5 minutes, add the rest of the stock, salt & pepper to season and simmer for 10 minutes until the veggies are cooked through.
- Cut two generous slices of Tiger Bloomer and spread with butter.
- Once the soup has cooled down a little (so you don’t burn yourself!) use a stick blender and whizz until you get a smooth consistency.
- Heat up if required, divide between bowls and swirl with some sour cream and chopped fresh coriander to finish.