You will need
Pack of warburtons protein bagels
2 tbsp tahini paste
2 tbsp cider vinegar
2 tbsp maple syrup
1.5 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 medium aubergine
45mins - 1hr | Serves 4
- Preheat the oven to 140°C (120° fan) | 275F | gas 1. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper and place an oiled wire rack on top of each one.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and set aside.
- Cut the stalk off the aubergine, then cut it in half lengthways. Use a mandolin to cut 3mm thick strips (the aubergine skin will run along one edge of each strip like bacon rind).
- Dip each slice of aubergine in the marinade and spread them out on the racks, ensuring there are no overlaps.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then turn the slices and bake for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove the trays from the oven and leave the aubergine bacon to cool and crisp for a few minutes.
- Toast a Protein bagel, then spread with your favourite vegan mayo
- Stack with slices of tomato, your aubergine rashers and rocket
- Sandwich together and tuck in