WARBURTONS LAUNCHES GLUTEN-FREE RANGE
Warburtons, Britain's number one branded baker, is pleased to announce that it is entering into the free-from market by launching a range of gluten-free bakery products. Available from mid-January, this new range responds to the increasing consumer demand for quality gluten-free bakery products that do not compromise on taste and texture.
Warburtons is confident that this new range will offer retailers the opportunity to capitalise on this growing consumer trend and increase sales. In the last year the free-from bread category grew by 61%*.
Suitable for people with coeliac disease and those following a gluten or wheat-free diet, Warburtons new Gluten-Free product range will offer a high-quality, great-tasting option for consumers. Warburtons is the first branded baker in the UK to enter into the free-from bread category.
• 400g White & Brown Loaves - RSP £2.49
• 600g White & Brown Loaves - RSP £2.89
• White & Brown 3 Pack of Sub Rolls - RSP £1.99
• 4 Pack of Teacakes - RSP £2.19
• 4 Pack of Crumpets - RSP £2.19
Dedication to innovation
Jason Uttley, Commercial Development Director at Warburtons, commented: "This new move from Warburtons demonstrates our dedication to innovation, forward thinking and fresh ideas. Over the last few years we have received a large number of calls from consumers asking us for a gluten-free Warburtons product. We're therefore delighted to be able to offer them a high-quality, great-tasting gluten-free range of products, giving them a much greater choice when shopping the free-from category.
"As well as being an exciting diversification for the brand, the launch of the gluten-free range offers a great opportunity to bring the Warburtons brand to new consumers who haven't previously bought our products before due to restrictions in their diet. With this is mind we're confident that this move into the free-from sector will help to drive sales for our retail customers."
A spokesperson for Coeliac UK, the national charity for people with coeliac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis said: "We are delighted that the UK food industry is responding to the needs of the 1 in 100 people in the UK who have coeliac disease, an auto-immune condition caused by intolerance to gluten. We are always pleased to see new products being launched enabling those who have to follow a gluten-free diet for life, a wider choice of products to enjoy. We have approximately 57,000 members with 1,200 new members joining every month. They will see this latest launch as another boost to the rise of the gluten-free bread market and a sign that their needs are being recognised by major bakery brands."
To support the launch of Warburtons Gluten-Free range of products, the brand will be running a marketing campaign that will include consumer press, digital and experiential activity as well as a celebrity partnership. Warburtons will also rolling out trial driving initiatives which include price promotions, product sampling and couponing.
• Warburtons is the UK's leading independent baker and was established in a grocery shop in Bolton in 1876 by Thomas and Ellen Warburton. Today the business is actively run by the fifth generation of the Warburton family - Brett, Jonathan and Ross.
• With fourteen bakeries and thirteen depots around the UK, the company serves customers from the Scottish Islands & Highlands in the North to Southampton in the South.
• Warburtons produces over two million loaves, rolls and crumpets every day and in the UK we eat the equivalent of nine million large loaves of bread on a daily basis.
• For local stockists please call the Warburtons Freephone Customer Careline on 0800 243 684.
• For further information about coeilac disease please visit www.coeliac.org.uk.
Tag Cloudmedia centre Bread Warburtons press Pudding Breakfast news Winter Fruit Loaf Report warburtons; breakfast; survey Toast images Christmas videos latest news heated knife
Warburtons Press Office,
Bolton, BL1 8JB
T: 01204 556600
F: 01204 523361