Baked to Perfection - Warburtons launches new Baked Pitta Chips
Warburtons, Britain’s favourite family baker, are proud to announce the launch of their new Baked Pitta Chips, available from May.
Warburtons team of expert bakers aren’t known for resting on their breadcrumbs and after 135 years of baking the nation’s daily bread, they’ve used their expert knowledge to develop and launch a brand new delicious alternative to potato and tortilla chips.
Warburtons Baked Pitta Chips are made from pitta bread and are baked twice for the perfect crunch, making them ideal for snacking and dipping. They contain no artificial ingredients and if that wasn’t enough, they also contain one third less fat than standard potato crisps*.
Thetasty new snacksare available insingle serve packs, which come in three flavours: Chilli Jack, Sea Salt & Malt Vinegar and Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper, and are perfect for on the go. They also come in sharing bags which are great for picnicking in the park with friends or during a movie night with all of the family. These sharing packs come in four fantastic flavours: Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper, Sea Salt & Malt Vinegar, Sour Cream & Chive and Oriental BBQ.
Jason Uttley, Commercial Development Director for Warburtons says: “ Our new Baked Pitta Chips taste great and are perfect for on the go, at home in front of the TV or for when friends come around. They offer a fantastic alternative within the premium snacking market and bring all the quality that people expect from Warburtons”
The new products will start rolling out from May. Priced at an RRP of 64p for 40g single serve packs and an RRP of £1.79 for 150g sharing packs.
For further information please contact:
Cat Cambridge at Clarion Communications
Tel: 020 7343 3107
Notes to Editors:
*Compared to standard potato crisps
Flavours and pack size
· Chilli Jack (40g)
· Sea Salt & Malt Vinegar (40g, 150g)
· Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper (40g, 150g)
· Sour Cream & Chive (150g)
· Oriental BBQ (150g)
· Warburtons is the UK's leading independent baker and was established in a grocery shop in Bolton in 1876 by Thomas and Ellen Warburton. Today the business is actively run by the fifth generation of the Warburton family – Brett, Jonathan and Ross.
· Warburtons is the second biggest grocery brand in the UK.
· With fourteen bakeries and thirteen depots around the UK, the company serves customers from the Scottish Islands & Highlands in the North to Southampton in the South.
· For local stockists please call the Warburtons Freephone Customer Careline on 0800 243 684.
 Source: Nielsen data MAT 25.12.10
Tag Cloudimages news Report Winter Fruit Loaf Bread Toast heated knife Warburtons Breakfast latest news videos warburtons; breakfast; survey Pudding press media centre Christmas
Warburtons Press Office,
Bolton, BL1 8JB
T: 01204 556600
F: 01204 523361